12.12.11

Proust questionnaire @ 39th week

(While I wait for those Vanity Fair people to take notice of my existance...)

What is your current state of mind?
On the verge of nervous exaustion, but only for the last four and half years. Also very happy at times, albeit in a slightly drunken way.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Opening the presents on Christmas day in five.

What is your greatest fear?
Baby coming out with a tail. Or with Dr Spock ears. Or never coming out. And other such rational fears.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Ooops" and "Sorry". Being unable to see under my belly, I keep bumping into my children. On some unfortunate occasions, I've also bumped into someone else's children: not a good way to make new mommy friends, btw.

What are your favourite names?
Caterina and Pietro. And they are taken (I came up with the grand idea of letting them two to choose your name, baby. So that they'd feel involved, of course; also, here's something you won't be able to list when you will be catalogueing my ineptitudes in fifteen years or so - ah!)

What is your greatest regret?
Having booked a tour of the OB department, where I have been informed that "Babies here come out really, really blue, since we are the highest hospital in the country", and "If something goes wrong an helicopter comes up from Albuquerque in only twenty minutes". Nothing to worry about, then!

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Impatience.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Procrastination (I know, baby, it's a loud and noisy world out there, but you will have to come out anyway at some point, and all this waiting is not going to make things easier, for any of us. Besides, most of the noise you are hearing is made by Big Sister and Big Brother, who happen to be among the very finest people I've met in my life, and hopefully in yours too. Scary stuff, but really worth a try)

What is your current motto?
"Keep calm and carry on" will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment